Ana Reads is run by Anamaria Todor as a registered sole trader.
This privacy notice provides you with details of how I collect and process your personal data through your use of my website www.anareads.com
If you need to email me about anything related to this privacy notice, you can email me at email@example.com
2. What personal data I collect about you
I might collect the following data about you:
· Your name
· Your email address
· Any personal data you post on my website
· Data about how you use my website
· Technical data such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visits to pages on my website, page views, details about the numbers of times you use my website, time zone settings and other technology on the device you use to access my website
· Your marketing and communication preferences
· Any other information that you directly provide to me whether through my contact form, by email or otherwise, such as when entering a competition or completing a survey
3. How I may use your data:
· Send you marketing communications where I am allowed by law to do so
· Personalize your experience on my website
· Monitor the use of my website
· Ask you to complete surveys or invite you to enter into competitions or prize draws
· Keep records of communications
· Analyse your use of my website
· Administer and protect my business and website
· Deliver relevant website content
· Comply with any legal obligations I am subject to or as required by a government authority
· Manage my business
· Obtain professional advice
4. My lawful ground of processing:
Under the General Data Protection Regulations, I am only legally able to process your personal data if I have lawful ground for doing so.
My lawful grounds of processing are:
· In relation to Prospect Data that I have obtained when you signed up for any of my free resources and that I process in order to send you those free resources, reply to your communications about the resources and to keep relevant records, you have given consent to the processing for the purposes of me sending you the free resource and it is in my legitimate interest to reply to your communications and to keep records for my business.
· In relation to Marketing Data that I have obtained when you told me your marketing preferences, when you consented to me sending you details of my products and services, for the purposes of me sending you marketing communications, enabling you to partake into my promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free giveaways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising, the processing is necessary for my legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers and users use my products/services, to develop them, to grow my business and to decide my marketing strategy.
· In relation to User Data that we have obtained through cookies on my website or other online services for the purpose of operating my website, ensuring relevant content is provided to you, ensuring the security of my website, maintaining back-ups of my website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of my website, other online services and business, the processing is necessary for the purposes of my legitimate interests which in this case are to enable me to properly administer my website.
· In relation to Technical Data (that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, details about your browser, lenght of visits to pages on my website, page views, details about the number of times you use my website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access my website), I process this data to analyse your use of my website and other online services, to administer and protect my business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of my advertisements. My lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interests which in this case are to enable me to properly administer my website and my business and to grow my business and to decide my marketing strategy.
· In relation to your data that we process in order to comply with legal requirements or as required by a government authority, the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which I am subject.
· In relation to keeping records, this processing is either necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that I am subject to or for my legitimate interests in responsible business operations or defending, pursuing or establishing a legal claim.
I do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data.
I do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
I do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
5. How I collect your personal data
I may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers like Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, search information providers such as Google based outside the EU.
6. Marketing communications
My lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or my legitimate interest (namely to grow my business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, I may only send you email marketing communications if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from me about my goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and you have not opted out or receiving such communications since.
I do not share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes.
You can ask me to stop sending you any marketing communications at any time by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I also have unsubscribe buttons on the bottom of all of my emails.
7. Disclosures of your personal data
I may have to share your personal data with the parties set below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services
- Government bodies that require me to report processing activities or otherwise disclose your personal data
- Market researchers and fraud prevention agencies
- Third parties to whom I sell, transfer, or merge parts of my business or my assets
I require all third parties to whom I transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with my instructions.
8. International Transfers
When I collect your name and email address I share this data with MailChimp which is a marketing automation platform that helps me share my email and/or ad campaigns with my clients, customers, email subscribers, and other interested parties. This involves transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Where I transfer your data to third parties outside of the EEA, I will ensure that certain safeguards are in place to ensure a similar degree of security for your personal data. As such:
- I may transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data; or
- If I use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, I may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place; or
- Where I use certain services providers who are established outside of the EEA, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
9. Data Security
I have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed or accessed without authorization.
I have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if I am legally required to do so.
10. Data Retention
I will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes I collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
11. Your legal rights
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email me at email@example.com.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of those rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help me confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. I may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
I try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take me longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, I will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how I collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to The National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing, the Romania supervisory authority for data protection issues (http://www.dataprotection.ro/). I should be grateful if you would contact me first if you do have a complaint so that I can try and resolve it for you.
13. Policy amendments
Links to Other Websites
Protecting Children’s Privacy
Even though my website is not designed for use by anyone under the age of 16, I realize that a child under the age of 16 may attempt to access my website. I do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child is using my website, please contact me. Before I remove any information, I may ask for proof of identification to prevent malicious removal of account information. If I discover that a child is accessing my website, I will delete his/her information within a reasonable period of time. You acknowledge that I do not verify the age of our users nor do I have any liability to do so.